Welcome to my blog!

Meet the Author

Blessed with the best _ Alhumdulillah!a million times for every blessing in my life.

Looking for something?

Subscribe to this blog!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

Monday, September 23, 2019

Dear Indian best friend




Fate played a cruel game to give me & you everything in life. All pieces of the puzzle that fit perfectly, except one. It made you an opposite to me yet exactly like me. We understand each other like no one does. It gave me this last piece, but it never fits.

It made you an extreme introvert, and me otherwise, always talking when you're so quiet.
It made you a Hindu, and me a Christian.
Life was beautifully cruel as it made you an Engineering student and me a doctor.
You are a technology geek, I, an old soul poet.
You keep travelling here and there & I never leave home.
You stay on your laptop and I am always lost between the pages of books.
It made you rational & logical,
and me a dreamer and believer of magic.
And lastly, to always remind us of our differences, it made you Indian.

And me a Pakistani.

Because yeah, if our personalities weren't a shocking contrast, our nationalities definitely are.
And to make it even more painful, it put you & I just across the border.
So you'll always be close and always be so far away.

Oh but you were always a rebel, and so was I.

And I guess life forgot one thing. That people that are meant to be in your life will always gravitate back to you.
If fate played a cruel game, we fired back with something even better. Because even after all the hate there is, even after all the hard times we had, we are still the best of friends. We turned the tragic game into something cruelly beautiful. And today, each year, it marks our win.

Because what they labelled as enemy ground,
the best ally is what there i found
what they called as common foes,
a friend for highs, a friend for lows

where they found hate, we found peace
where they rage war, we would cease

where the borders converge,
and the sun moon collide
where the mountains submerge,
and the sub-continents divide

here we are
two best friends

one from where the other world begins
the other from where this one ends

Here's to 4 years of undying friendship and counting.
Happy International Best Friend's Day.

Love,
Your Pakistani counter-part




No comments:

Post a Comment

')