Welcome to my blog!

Meet the Author

Blessed with the best _ Alhumdulillah!a million times for every blessing in my life.

Looking for something?

Subscribe to this blog!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

Monday, November 11, 2019

One of these days we'll surely meet.



#Random_write-ups
#blurred_thoughts

One of these days we'll surely meet. On a random, hot, humid day as we're hustling about the city running errands. Me, on my way to pick up my kid from school. You, on the way to your doctor to get the routine check up for your diabetes. Or vice versa.

And as our tired eyes meet, time will stop in its' track. With one screeching loud hard brake. And everything around will suddenly become a blurry whirlwind, with us in its' centre. The myriad of emotions will run in a wild frenzy. Jumping from recognition to betrayal. To shattered dreams. To predominantly love. Love that once made us whole. Love that didn't want to be shared, but had to. Love and dreams that gave up on themselves and eventually surrendered to reality, after a long standing fight.

With a wry smile at the corner of your mouth, you might ask "How're you?". And as I'll stupidly nod my head, I'll be wondering at the tuft of emotions balling up in my throat making my speech difficult. From the deep plunge my senses took down the memory lane. Memories of how it felt to weave my fingers in yours', how it felt to be in your embrace, the tinkling sound of our laughters as we laughed at our lame ass jokes.

I'll be aching to know many things. Are you happy now? Can you sleep peacefully at night, knowing what you did? Breaking my trust? Knowing very well how it'll wreck me? Do our memories torture you at night, like they do to me? Do you feel the slightest iota of guilt, knowing that you hit me precisely where it hurts? Do you realise that you took a part of myself along with you when you left? The part that I haven't yet retrieved.

But sadly, I'll fail to coax my vocal cords into forming anything remotely audible or sensible. I'll simply stand there, staring blankly at your eyes. Through your eyes. For a while, before I turn my back and walk away. With shaky legs. With a heart beating dangerously fast, to remind me of the love that remained long after its' owner fled.





No comments:

Post a Comment

')