Welcome to my blog!

Meet the Author

Blessed with the best _ Alhumdulillah!a million times for every blessing in my life.

Looking for something?

Subscribe to this blog!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

Friday, June 15, 2018

Dearest Fear,



Dearest Fear,

Creativity and I are about to go on a road trip together. I understand you’ll be joining us, because you always do. I acknowledge that you believe you have an important job to do in my life, and that you take your job seriously. Apparently your job is to induce complete panic whenever I am about to do anything interesting and, may I say, you are superb at your job. So by all means, keep doing your job, if you feel you must. But I will also be doing my job on this road trip, which is to work hard and stay focused. And Creativity will be doing its job, which is to remain stimulating and inspiring.

There is plenty of room in this vehicle for all of us, so make yourself at home, but understand this, Creativity and I are the only ones who will be making any decisions along the way.
I recognize and respect that you are part of this family, and so I will never exclude you from our activities, but still your suggestions will never be followed. You are allowed to have a seat, and you are allowed to have a voice, but you are not allowed to have a vote. You are not allowed to touch the road maps, you are not allowed to suggest detours, you are not allowed to fiddle with the temperature.

But above all else, my dear old familiar friend, you are absolutely forbidden to drive.

- Elizabeth Gilbert



No comments:

Post a Comment

')