Welcome to my blog!

Meet the Author

Blessed with the best _ Alhumdulillah!a million times for every blessing in my life.

Looking for something?

Subscribe to this blog!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

Monday, November 22, 2021

Strangerlike encounter



In the midst of violent nights,
The battered casualties laid dead on the cold streets covered with blood
The sounds of rifles going off numerous times was what shock me heavily
I feared for my life,
I wished to join those who were screaming at the top of their lungs as a cry for help 
My eardrums were acquainted with their screams, it was nothing unusual.
I wished to join those who were running for their lives, but my legs were suddenly glued to the ground,
I couldn't move anymore
It was as if my legs were petrified to step on those blood painted streets
My feet had failed me!

In the midst of one violent night, I had a strange feeling 
Instead of nervousness overwhelming my body, 
For a change, a warm feeling clouded my heart, I felt something I wasn't familiar with 
How dare my heart experience such warmth on this very disastrous night? 

In the midst of one violent night, 
In the middle of a blood inked street, 
There she stood, 
Clothed in a black coloured dress that adorned her pear shaped face 

In the midst of one violent night,
I met the love of my life 
When her eyes met mine
There and then I knew what love at first sight was


No comments:

Post a Comment

')