Welcome to my blog!

Meet the Author

Blessed with the best _ Alhumdulillah!a million times for every blessing in my life.

Looking for something?

Subscribe to this blog!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

W E D N E S D A Y

Wednesday used to be my non-favorite day in the week, not because something bad happened to me on this particular day. But it was an eerie feeling. I disliked Wednesdays. It's a Wednesday, I'm screwed. I felt nothing good will ever come my way on Wednesday.


I was wrong, you came to me on Wednesday.


One day, I came back from college. As soon as opened my inbox, there was a picture message from you. Nowadays, it's no big deal. But seven years back it was a massive mood lifter for us(the nineties kids) we are not born in this era of advanced technology. So, a little touch of something new in our day used to lift our mood and emotions a hundred times. Yet again it was the Wednesday I disliked.


I vividly remember that image had a flower bouquet at left side having shiny background. On the right side there was an ocean blue card on that it was written in bold letters
"HAPPY WEDNESDAY PRINCESS"
of course no one has ever wished me a day like this before. Neither I had this kind of special connection with a boy who can call me princess and most importantly you treated me like one. (I can't deny that, and I never will).
A smile captivated not only my lips but my whole body. It was the first time I felt that happiness can travel down our spine to fingertips.
Stared once, stared twice, replied, "Thank you."


It was our first date. My first date in eighteen years because I found the boy whom I can call not only my boyfriend but lover. Nothing comes free, and sixth sense never lies. These rules never failed me even once. The love I cherished, stayed not more than two years.
You came as a fresh breeze in summer and left in spring of proceeding year.
Broken me, thought that I will never be able to love again.


Here I was wrong, and I realized it when I was at the airport to catch a flight back home. There was a man standing in front of me staring at me as his eyes were scanning my soul. I was so dumbfounded, until today, that what I felt for him was more than a mere crush that I denied. His constant sighs kept asking me to stay.


Finally those silent contemplations ended, and he said," double check everything, are you sure you got all the things with you?"
I checked my phone, passport, ticket, ID.
"Yes, all done." I replied with a forced smile.
"Liar" he said underneath his breath, but I heard it. I gave him. A confused look.
"Leave, its time of your flight in a while"
He pushed my shoulder.
"Are you this desperate to send me away?"
I asked, holding his arm.
He nodded.


I left him in the hallway. And not  looked back even though I wanted to. But I felt his eyes glancing at me from back as they were going to burn me out today.
As I boarded on plane. The flight was ready to take off. I opened my bag to keep my phone & found a letter there.
A small piece of lemon colored paper, having zigzag cuts around corners, tiny heart drawn at bottom left corner.


As I begin to read, "I have never meet such a kind person like you. Who would do anything for other's comfort. Come to me whenever you need comfort or love for yourself.
I love you.
Yours from today and every coming second."
Without his name I knew it was his handwriting. He was not pushing me away, he was pleading to make me to stay.
I was in the air, but I had left my heart somewhere on the earth. That's why he asked me to double-check.
Meanwhile, words rolling on back seat LCD caught my sight. Wednesday 12:23am. Ahh! This damn Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

')