Welcome to my blog!

Meet the Author

Blessed with the best _ Alhumdulillah!a million times for every blessing in my life.

Looking for something?

Subscribe to this blog!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

Monday, March 22, 2021

Feeling a little 'blue' today...


Do you ever feel like we're not supposed to admit to that?
Like we are supposed to always wear this "happy mask?"

Not ever show vulnerability or weakness or pain?
Or a faith that wanes.. even, ever-so-slightly?

I know I have felt that way many times...
Put a smile on.. don't let anyone see your 
bruised heart, or weary soul.

I think it is a huge disservice to everyone
to act like life is always good and easy and perfect..

Life is not always any of those things.
Life is sometimes messy and ugly and hard.

And unfair.

But ~
It is definitely okay to admit that.

We are just imperfect souls trying to live in an imperfect world.
Things go wrong sometimes...

But isn't it nice to know that it's okay to say it out loud?

"I am having a hard day" or "I am sad" or "I feel overwhelmed";
"I feel lost"; "I don't know how to fix this"; "I need help"; "I need your prayers."

Someone told me once that it was wrong to verbalize these feelings.
They said it was complaining and complaining is a sin.

Do. Not. Agree.

Complaining is a lack of thankfulness. Thanklessness is sinful.

Expressing that you "feel blue" is admitting that 
you do not have every situation under your control. ~

It is admitting you need the encouragement of your spouse or friends.

It is admitting you need to lean on God.
You need wrapping up in your Papa's everlasting arms.

How would anyone else have the courage to ask for help
or seek an understanding heart, a listening ear, a strong shoulder...

Or seek God.

How would anyone have the courage to ask for prayer.

If no one ever let their mask slip down.

When we hide our faces behind the façade of
a perfect and beautiful mask ~

Do we not deny God's power to work in our life
and the lives of others?

God help us to have the courage to be real.


No comments:

Post a Comment

')