Welcome to my blog!

Meet the Author

Blessed with the best _ Alhumdulillah!a million times for every blessing in my life.

Looking for something?

Subscribe to this blog!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

Thursday, January 28, 2021

I wonder how important are our personal goals in life

I wonder how important are our personal goals in life. Aik to dead end goals hotay hein you achieve them and enter into a state of emptiness..'I got this so now what..what's next..does it even matter?' Someone dear to me once told me 'apnay aik goal ko hmesha unachievable rakhna' and this has stayed with me since then. Goal aisa hona chaye jo apko agay ki traf push karay aur improvement ki traf lay k jaye hmesha aur aisa na ho k once you achieved that you get empty or proud aur ye to sb k sath hota hy k jo hasil hojaye wo valuable nai lgta jitna tb valuable lgta hy jb wo unachievable hota hy. Goal should be something that keeps you going and something that keeps you in flow. Reassess your goals in life and ask yourself 'does it really matter in the end?' I don't deny the importance of materialistic goals like to make more money, to get a better job, a better degree to survive better in life but one should always keep in mind that even if you get the whole world and what is in it, it still would't be enough to fill the emptiness in you. Make goals that feed your soul and those that make your life more meaningful, goals that don't make you fearful of death. I love the Japanese concept 'ikigai' that means the reason for being. I believe every person on earth has a reason for being and its soleley one's personal quest to pursue one's inner calling. I will quote two Rumi quotes here for inspiration

"Respond to every soul that excites your spirit."

"Don't be safisfied with stories; how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth."

Your goals may not match with others because just like everything is unique about you be it your being, your circumstances ,your aptitude, your personal choices similarly so are your goals in life. Aur Quran mein b yehi kaha gya hy k hr insaan se uski وسعت k mutabiq hisaab lia jaye ga. 
Don't view your goal as big or small. The key is persistence. Persistence is the only quality I admire in the devil. He never gives up no matter how many times we beat him. A small but persistent goal can do more wonders for you than a seemingly big but dead-end goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

')